- The rhythm of life is indeed powerful and it is has taken something of a kicking over the past 6 months, enough to make anyone's toes tingle.
- The list of books I will never write is getting ever longer. Up there with “I Never Went to The Hacienda” is “The Pathetic Guide to Parenting” my handbook on how to bring up children.
- We are having to adjust to a new abnormal.
- Sometime ago I bought a really cheap set of lenses for my phone.
- This is a dying tree that we see on our daily lockdown walk. I thought it looked a bit like the way blood vessels are depicted in lungs. Sadly apt.
- I have a friend that I have not seen in many years. We used to work together and whenever things got a bit much for him he would say 'stop the world I want to get off'.
- I have a colleague called Gwen who is leaving but this isn't about him or anyone who exists. I made it up and I used the name because it sounds a bit 'when' as well as being the subjects name.
- Naming tracks is virtually impossible to do well. I found this lurking on my iPad and thought you needed to hear it.
- I have been messing about with a idea for a crooning style song called Lockdown Lover (I'll take intensive care of you) and this is as good as it is going to get so here it is.
- I killed the oven the other day.
- One of the seemingly odd ongoing scarcities that has resulted from the pandemic is that of instant yeast. I sort of get the way in which both yeast and flour ran out early on - people suddenly had plenty of time on their hands and the one thing that bread-making needs is time
- This is my current favourite thing to bake. Once you get into the habit of the routine it is easy to fit into a day. I am lucky in that I work from home a couple of days a week so it is relatively easy for me to do this.
because . . .
Something went wrong around the start of the 21st Century. The crowd was wise. Social Networks replaced individual creativity. There were more places to express ourselves than ever before… yet no one really had anything to say.
Jaron Lanier – You Are Not a Gadget.