The way this site started was when I started to log the activities of a group Anne and I were forming at church. I wanted to record what was going on at the time and found that I enjoyed writing about the activities more than the activities themselves.
This developed to the extent that I was writing more broadly about more general topics. This has culminated in my attempting to write a book.
There will be excerpts from the book published on this site as well as other ideas and musings.
Most of the posts are in the writing category as I have imported the original blog posts in here so it’s worth a look back through the posts if you have the time to spare.
some more writing
- The list of books I will never write is getting ever longer. Up there with “I Never Went to The Hacienda” is “The Pathetic Guide to Parenting” my handbook on how to bring up children.
- We are having to adjust to a new abnormal.
- It seems incredible that the concept of social distancing had never been heard of until a few days ago and now it is literally everywhere.
- We are hearing a lot about social distancing at the moment. Like most countries in the world we are in the grip of the virus known as COVID-19. The latest variant of the Coronavirus strain somehow passed from animal to human and is spreading, relentlessly, across the globe.
- He must have been troubledHe is not nowHe passed his …
- Kempy, on the other hand, down in Bellmarsh, was indulging in a much less hands-on observance of the containment of some of Britains most notorious and violent offenders. And Tommy Robinson.
- Nothing in life is free, it is said, so what is the cost of the things we say in the name of 'free speech' but, more importantly, who pays?
- I taught myself a new word today - autodidact. Clearly, my attempts at self-education were not as rigorous as I had previously presumed them to have been. You are never too old to learn something new.
- Earlier in my life I ran a youth drama group. We were …
- y o u a r e e n o u g h y o u c o n t a i n a n i n h …