I try to bake a loaf of bread each week or at least pizza dough.
I am currently trying to perfect my sourdough. I will post recipes and tips as well as images of the loaves.
Look out for posts in the ‘baking’ category.
Unfortunately the only way you can taste the fruits of my endeavours is to come visit.
some more baking
- I killed the oven the other day.
- One of the seemingly odd ongoing scarcities that has resulted from the pandemic is that of instant yeast. I sort of get the way in which both yeast and flour ran out early on - people suddenly had plenty of time on their hands and the one thing that bread-making needs is time
- This is my current favourite thing to bake. Once you get into the habit of the routine it is easy to fit into a day. I am lucky in that I work from home a couple of days a week so it is relatively easy for me to do this.
- Making sourdough bread requires a starter - fermented flour and water essentially - and the periodic feeding of said the starter will keep it going indefinately. I made mine originally with some grapes but the upkeep only requires flour and water.
- Today has been a baking day. The first picture is a …